Businesses within Melbourne and regional Victoria that are affected by the Stay at Home restrictions may be eligible for a one-off grant under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program. This program is in addition to the first round of the Business Support Fund, which closed on 1 June 2020.
To support businesses impacted by these restrictions, one-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
Applications for the program close on 14 September 2020.
What businesses are eligible to apply for the Business Support Fund – Expansion program?
Businesses must fulfil all the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the grant. They must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or regional Victoria
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- employ people
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
If you have read the guidelines and you are eligible, click here to apply now.
If you would like to know more feel free to contact us on 03 8419 9800.