Victorian businesses have access to a $1,200 rebate to put towards implementing new digital products
On 13 September 2020, the Victorian Government announced a $20 million Small Business Digital Adaptation Program. This program is designed to help Victorian sole traders, micro and small businesses to adjust to the new digital world. Eligible businesses will receive a rebate of $1,200 to cover 12 months’ access for selected digital products.
This program is available from the 15 November to the 31 March 2021 and open to all industries. If you are interested in this program, you must register before the trial ends, which is on the 28 February. Applicants will be able to access the purchase rebates from 1 December until 31 March 2021, or until funds run out.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- operate a business located in Victoria
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have held that ABN on 13 September 2019
- be registered for GST on 13 September 2020.
If you are a Not-for-profit organisation and are not registered for GST, you are still eligible to apply if you are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission.
What can I use this Program for?
The products that you can use this program for are:
- a new product that is not currently used by the business, or
- an upgrade of an existing product with additional product features providing specific digital adaptation capability (for example, upgrading an existing website to an e-commerce site), or
- a product available under the program that has been used by the business before (more than one year ago) that it would like to resume using.
The program does not cover:
- existing product or software licence renewals, or
- existing products minor updates (e.g. software version update), or
- products that are not available under the program.
How to register
Businesses must register for this program online here. Once you have registered, you can then access selected products for trial and view the workshops and training calendar.
There are three key steps to participate, these include:
Step 1 – Register for the program which will include a series of questions relating to the program eligibility.
Step 2 – Sign up for your preferred digital product which is available under the program
Step 3 – Apply for a purchase rebate
You will be contacted six weeks after applying for a rebate to ensure that your business has starting using a digital product. Applicants who are confirmed will receive a purchase rebate of $1,200 to cover 12 months’ access to your chosen product. Businesses will then need to pay the ongoing costs for access to the digital product after fully utilising the rebate.
How we can help?
Our experienced team of business accountants at Wilson Pateras can help with any questions you may have in relation to applying for the program. Please contact us on 03 8419 9800.