[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In this video Mark Forte from Wilson Pateras explains Labors proposed changes to Capital Gains Tax.
Changes to Capital Gains Trusts
- Proposed Policy – Taxable Capital Gain reduced by 25% (Currently 50%)
- Applied to assets owned by individuals and trusts
Why the change in Capital Gains Tax?
- To increase housing affordability
- Investors use the 50% Discount and Negative Gearing to gain an unfair advantage in competing for property over owner occupiers
- Labor argues investment subsidies skewed towards high income earners
Exemptions on Proposed Changes
- Grandfathered Investments
- Investments by SMSFs
- Assets of Small Business Owners
For a more thorough analysis, watch the video below.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxkQdJEUVUM”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]See Previous Video on Labor’s Proposed Tax Changes
Part 1/5: Changes to Taxing of Trusts [/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”4176″ img_size=”full” onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://www.wilsonpateras.com.au/book-a-complimentary-consultation/”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]