Watch our ‘Benefits of Moving to the Cloud’ webinar hosted by Max Law from Xero and Nicholas Pateras from Wilson Pateras.
This webinar is a live demonstration of Xero showcasing how businesses can:
- Easily manage JobKeeper payments for employees
- Receive payments faster
- Save time with bank reconciliation – with minimal data entry
- Have clear visibility on your business’ performance in real-time and compare it to previous results and budgets
Managing your financial documents and invoicing
In this webinar we also discussed the advantages of the new feature, Hubdoc, which is now included in all Starter, Standard and Premium Xero plans. This is a retail saving of $27.50 a month.
Hubdoc automatically imports of all your financial documents and exports them into data that you can use in Xero, meaning you will no longer need to perform manual tasks that can take you hours of time.
With Hubdoc’s world-class data capture technology as part of your day-to-day toolkit, you’ll get:
- Easy bill and receipt capture – Hubdoc makes it easy for clients to upload bills and receipts using their desktop, mobile device, email or scanner – giving you access to the documents you need, when you need them.
- Automated data entry – Once documents are uploaded to Hubdoc, the key data is automatically extracted and synced to Xero as accurately coded transactions.
- One-click bank reconciliation – Xero then matches these transactions to the bank feed for one-click reconciliation.
- Secure and centralised document management – All client documents are searchable and easy to access from anywhere in the world.
Moving your accounting software to Xero
Option 1 – Complete the conversion yourself
This link will take you to our help centre for a more detailed guide on converting to Xero. The basic steps are exporting data like your Chart of Accounts and transactions (invoices, bills, etc) out of the current software into Xero.
Option 2 – Use JetConvert
Xero has partnered with JetConvert to provide customers with a free service to convert data to Xero. Allows conversion for the current and previous financial years.
If you are using the conversion service, you should not subscribe to a Xero pricing plan ahead of time. Best to reach out to JetConvert via the online chat box to confirm all details (e.g. accounting system version and potential costs).
Option 3 – Use MMC Convert
Since JetConvert cannot convert cloud based software MMC Convert is another alternative. Here is a link to their website, best to get in contact with them to confirm if the conversion can be done, fees and timeline.
If you would like assistance with reviewing or setting up your business accounting software, please contact Wilson Pateras on 03 8419 9800.